Skip to content
- Take on challenging projects with a degree of risk associated with them—it raises your profile in the company.
- Volunteer to train new people, orienting them to the company.
- Show personal initiative, and make your own supervisor or manager’s job easier.
- Excel in your work, and develop relationships within the company in other departments.
- Develop a reputation as a go-to person for problem solving.
- Offer to do extra work during the month-end or end of the quarter at reports preparation time—people remember that willingness to go the extra mile for the department.
- Work at the company’s trade shows, and attend industry events where your presence can be noticed by people in positions of authority—become a familiar face to them.